COVID 19 VACCINATIONS
Barwell and Hollycroft practices have agreed to work with neighbouring practices in order to deliver the COVID 19 vaccination programme. In order to provide this vital service at such a challenging time for everyone we are going to need your help:
- Please understand that your appointment may need to be rearranged at short notice. We are only provided with 24 hours notice of when vaccine will be made available to us and therefore it is possible we will have to rearrange some appointments in order to release a team member to vaccinate;
- We are not being provided with extra staff to make this happen so we will have to redeploy existing team members to administer the vaccine; therefore, the number of routine appointments the practice can offer will need to be temporarily reduced. Where you feel it is safe to do so, please consider postponing making an appointment until a later date. However, if you are worried that your reason for needing to see a doctor could be something serious then you should of course continue to access care from the practice in the normal way. In particular, you should never delay seeing a doctor if you have symptoms that you are worried could be related to cancer or other serious illness;
- We will continue to offer same day access for urgent matters that you are worried would be unsafe to wait for a routine appointment. However, please first consult the NHS website, your local pharmacist, or NHS 111; these resources may be able to resolve your query, or reassure you that it is in fact safe to wait for a routine appointment;
- Please do not contact the surgery for information about the COVID vaccination programme. The practice website will be kept up to date with the latest information and you will be contacted when it is time for you to be invited to have your vaccine. You will be able to ask questions at the vaccine centre before any vaccine is administered;
- At this time it is vital the practice phone lines are kept open for patients with urgent medical problems who cannot book an appointment online. If you can book your appointment online you should not call the surgery unless you are having difficulty using the online system.
- If you work for a care home or are a frontline NHS worker and have not had an offer of a vaccination through your employer please go through Engage Consult, attach evidence of your employment (dated in the past 3 months) and send it through to the practice. We can then add you to the waiting list and provide you with a vaccination.
We are grateful for your understanding. We assure you that we are doing everything we can to get eligible patients vaccinated in the shortest possible time. With your help and understanding we can together ensure that the vaccination programme runs smoothly and all patients can continue to access safe, high quality care from their practice.
COVID Vaccination Programme - Cohort 2 information The practice will soon be contacting eligible patients to book in for their Covid vaccination. Patients will be contacted in order of clinical need as set by national guidance (see here https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/priority-groups-for-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-advice-from-the-jcvi-2-december-2020/priority-groups-for-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-advice-from-the-jcvi-2-december-2020 ). In order to keep the phone lines free for people with urgent medical problems please DO NOT contact the surgery about the vaccination until we have asked you to book your appointment. Regular updates will be posted here on the website. If you read that you fall in to a group who have been invited to make an appointment, but you have not been contacted, then you should of course call the practice to let us know.
If you have been invited to book your COVID vaccine appointment you MUST read the COVID vaccine information available here. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/951042/PHE_11920_AZ_Covid-19_Older_adults_leaflet.pdf
Physiotherapy Direct Service
Do you think you may need a Physiotherapy appointment? If so you can access the Physiotherapy Direct Service, which is a self referral booking service. See the leaflet below to check the criteria and make your booking.
Physiotherapy Direct Service
Ear Wax Information
Due to changes in NHS funding, the Barwell & Hollycroft Medical Centres are no longer able to provide the ear syringing service.
If you have struggled with your hearing for more than four weeks, please read our new leaflet for further information.
Ear Wax Information
From the 28th June 2018 the surgery is changing the process in which patients can cancel their appointments. The surgery now offers patients 2 options in which to cancel their appointment
- Call the surgery option 1 and leave a voice message to cancel appointment
- Online patient access (You need to be registered to use this service)
In addition to the process in which patients can cancel their appointment a new policy has been implemented which requires patients to give a minimum of 24 hours notice to cancel an appointment. Any cancellations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be recorded as ‘did not attend’ and patients with 3 ‘did not attend’ in a 12 month period could be removed from the patient list.
Any patients canceling an appointment with less than 24 hours noticed will be asked to use the 3 options available as outlined above, the reception team will only be able to cancel appointments with more than 24 hours notice.
All telephone calls between the hours of 8am & 9am are for booking an appointment only, we ask all patients to call after 9am for other general enquires.
We would like to thank you for your ongoing support
PPG Patient Participation Group
If anyone would like to join our PPG please ask at reception
PPG Virtual Zoom Meeting
Carer's support programme - Workshops for information and support. See flyer below
The Electronic prescription service is available in our practice. It gives you the chance to change how your GP sends your prescription to the place you choose to get your medicines or appliances from.
If you collect your prescriptions from your GP you will not have to visit the practice to pick up paper prescriptions. Instead the GP will send them electronically to a pharmacist you choose saving time.
You will have more choice about where to get your medications from because they can be collected from a pharmacy near to where you live, work or shop.
If you would like to use this service you need to choose a pharmacy or appliance contractor for the practice to send your prescription to. This is called a nomination, and you can either do this at your chosen pharmacy or at the practice. You DO NOT need a computer to have this service.
If you would like more information ask your pharmacy or the practice. (20/05/2015)
RISE ABOVE ADVICE SERVICE FOR YOUNG PEOPLE
Rose above is a website which has short video clips & advice aimed at young people. Follow the link below to see clips on healthy eating, how to look after you skin and where to seek advice.
There is also information available for young peaople on a new website called Health for Teens. It talsk about exam stress, healthy eating, spots, anger management and a variety of topics you may want advice on.
Paracetamol Changes Poster
WEST LEICESTERSHIRE CCG
West Leicestershire Public Membership
Becoming a member of West Leicestershire CCG is completely free.
As a member you can have your say about how the NHS services are provided in your area. Our members tell us that the best part about being a member is getting their voices heard and being involved in the process.
You can be involved as much or as little as you like and we will always make sure you are kept up-to-date by sending you regular e-mails and covering important topics in the membership magazine.
The membership scheme has two strands.
Be heard provides:
- opportunities to have a say on how NHS services are provided in your area
- getting involved with any public consultations we are doing
- information on NHS services you are interested in
- take part by completing surverys and attending events
- signposting to other parts of the NHS
Be healthy provides:
- offers and incentives to improve your health
- information on healthy living activities and facilities in your local area
- information on healthy living courses and activities you can join into
- advice and support on healthy living from our experts
- opportunity to become a member volunteer to get involved in your community
If you would like to joing the membership please do so online at www.wlmembership.org or by calling 0300-5555345.