Welcome to Barwell & Hollycroft Medical Centres
Due to the current situation with the outbreak of COVID 19 we have had to make some urgent changes to the systems we are using as a practice. We are using the website to communicate these with you as well as text messaging. Hollycroft and Barwell sites are still running, please call the normal numbers to talk to one of our reception staff with your query. Do not attend any site unless instructed to do so, this is for your own safety.
- We have now taken the decision to separate the two sites, Hollycroft is now being used for our patients that need clinical assessment but have symptoms of Coronavirus. Barwell is being used for non-symptomatic patients that need urgent care. We are trying to maintain as many routine appointments as we can at the moment such as, Imm and Vac clinics for children and certain blood tests, hormone injections, midwife clinics that are fundamental to patient health, these have been moved to Barwell to avoid contamination. Again, please do not attend the surgery unless you have been given an appointment or you have been told to do so. Do not attend Barwell if you have any symptoms of COVID-19
- All appointments will now have to be clinically triaged - call the surgery as normal and reception will signpost you appropriately. Do not attend the surgery without being instructed to do so. We will not allow walk in patients as you will not ahve been appropriately triaged.
- Please download the NHS app https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs-services/the-nhs-app/ and follow the instructions to register an account, you will then be verified and be able to order through the app all of your medications on your repeats. If you have elderly relatives that are patients that do not have a smartphone or access to the internet they are now able to call the practice and we will accept orders over the phone whilst this situation is ongoing.
- MED3s and any letters etc will be posted, please do not come to collect.
- The sample box (Barwell only) and the prescription boxes have been moved to the entrances of the building. If the door is locked at Hollycroft please use the postbox on the door.
- Many non-urgent appointments will be changed to telephone consultations or they will be postponed by the reception staff.
- When you attend Barwell practice, you will be triaged once again at the door by a staff member to see if your condition has altered since booking the appointment.
- If you are asked to attend Hollycroft medical centre, you will be asked to remain in your car and ring the practice to announce your arrival. You will be given a mask and gloves before entering to put on and be collected from your car by a staff member when the Doctor is ready to see you. This is for your safety as well as the safety of the clinical and reception staff.
- Please be reassured that we are doing all we can to ensure we can maintain this service during this difficult time. All the measures that have been put in place have been carefully considered, and the Partners feel they are needed for everyone's protection.
Join a COVID-19 clinical trial
The PRINCIPLE trial aims to find treatments that reduce hospital admission and improve symptoms for people with COVID-19. You could be eligible to join if
- You have had these symptoms for fewer than 15 days:
- a continuous new or worsening cough
- a high temperature
- You are aged 50 to 64 with a pre-existing illness
- You are aged 65 and above
- Find out more
Important information about the coronavirus (COVID-19)
The NHS in England and Public Health England (PHE) are well prepared for outbreaks of new infectious diseases. The NHS has put in place measures to ensure the safety of all patients and NHS staff while also ensuring services are available to the public as normal.
The latest information on symptoms of Coronovirus infection and areas where recent travel may have resulted in a high risk of exposure can be found on: nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
NHS 111 has an online coronavirus service that can tell you if you need medical help and advise you what to do.
Use this service if:
- you think you might have coronavirus;
- in the last 14 days you've been to a country or area with a high risk of coronavirus;
- you've been in close contact with someone with coronavirus.
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Call 111 if you need to speak to someone.
Like the common cold, coronavirus infection usually occurs through close contact with a person with novel coronavirus via cough and sneezes or hand contact. A person can also catch the virus by touching contaminated surfaces if they do not wash their hands.
Testing of suspected coronavirus cases is carried out in line with strict guidelines. This means that suspected cases are kept in isolation, away from public areas of GP surgeries, pharmacies and hospitals and returned home also in isolation. Any equipment that come into contact with suspected cases are thoroughly cleaned as appropriate. Specific guidance has also been shared with NHS staff to help safeguard them and others. Patients can be reassured that their safety is a top priority, and are encouraged to attend all appointments as usual.
Everyone is being reminded to follow Public Health England advice to:
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Then bin the tissue, and wash your hands, or use a sanitiser gel.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport. Use a sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
LLR Privacy Notice
Online booking of appointments is currently disabled due to the current outbreaks of the Coronavirus. Please call us to book any appointments with our doctors, nurses or advanced nurse practitoners so we can triage the appointments and ask the appropriate questions to prevent the spread of the virus.
Barwell - 01455 849 149 Holycroft - 01455 234 414
Install the NHS app and have access to everything you need anywhere be it booking an appointment to viewing your medical record. All you need to do is install the app, register to the practice your with and login. It's very easy to use and makes it even easier to deal with doctors appointments.
Engage Consult is an online consulting service. Access your doctors surgery all online!
Data - Information you need to know.
As you know we hold a lot of information about you which is securely kept on our system. You can choose how we share your data by following this link
CQC inspection result
(Site updated 02/06/2020)